Filtering Facepiece Respirator (FFR) Labels
FFRs must have the following markings (as illustrated above):
- Manufacturer business/approval holder name, a registered trademark, or an easily understood abbreviation of the manufacturer or approval holder.
- NIOSH in block letters or the NIOSH logo.
- NIOSH Testing and Certification approval number.
- NIOSH filter series and filter efficiency level, (N95, N99, N100, R95, P95, P99, P100).
- Model number or part number.
NIOSH also recommends the lot number and/or date of manufacture also be included, but this is not mandatory.
FFRs that are private labeled must have include “Marketed by x” or “Produced by “x,” identified on the full label and located in the respirator user instructions. This statement need not be visible on the exterior surface of the respirator.